Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It Starts With Me

Over the weekend, my husband and I went to the Sundance Film Festival courtesy of the Brita FilterForGood Film Project.  We had such a great time at the Festival... saw some really great films-- The Last Mountain, Win Win, Higher Ground, Being Elmo and The Lie... made new friends and of course, got to see the film that was inspired by my efforts at Wrightsville Beach, NC.  To say that I LOVE it... could be an understatement ;)  I am so grateful that Destin completely saw and understands who I am and was able to convey (better than I could have ever imagined) who I am and why I do what I do....



Destin, Brett and Ron are remarkably talented... and while I may be no critic... I can certainly critique myself... and I've watched the film so many times and haven't once went to critique anything.  I can only keep saying that they made everything "so beautiful." Also, the music-- which I've been referring to as beautiful, inspiring and hopeful-- in the film was composed by Joel P. West... like Destin, Brett and Ron... I'd invite him to our home anytime.  He's part of The Tree Ring who will be releasing their album in February.  Check them out :)

My friends Sara and Mark are in the film along with my family. Please take the time to learn about what they're doing :)  You can find Sara at The Daily Ocean and Mark at The Bait Tank.

Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to vote for my project back in October and for all of the support (and friends that I've made) since... 

2 comments: