Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Our Daily Ocean: Day 205

Having done over 200 beach cleanups, I'm always grateful for the days when I can walk the beach relaxed.... eyes focused on the sand and not find much to pick up.
I found the piece of plastic (pictured above) very intriguing.  Through my eyes, it looks like someone took the time to tie the plastic so it wouldn't blow away in the wind... yet, it got left on the beach.  Hmmm.....

Want to help clean up our world?  It's easier than making sure your trash gets thrown away.  The best way to help clean up our world is to not make so much trash.

One word: Refuse


20 minutes on October 1, 2013 at Access 15
Litter by weight: 1.1 oz
Cigarette butts: 22
Total amount of cigarette butts removed from Wrightsville Beach, NC in 205 days:
56,105

2 comments:

  1. I picked up soooo much more on the south end on Thursday morning. Seems the fishermen may be the worst litterbugs yet. Beer bottles, cigarette packages, cigarette butts, dead fish, hook packages, dirty rags, socks, coffee cups to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How interesting! I went to the southend-- access 39-- on Thursday, too! However, we were there between 4 and 6:30. How far south were you? Now that bird nesting is over, I need to make it back down to 43 as the dunes get a lot of "action".

      Delete