Thursday, January 31, 2013

Our Daily Ocean: Day 178

Lately, the weather has been completely wacky.  Some days it will be cold (you know the way it's supposed to be during winter) and then other days it will be so warm and beautiful that I kick off my flip flops, roll up my jeans and tie my jacket around my waist.

Tuesday was that kind of day.  Flip flops off, feet in the water!

Each beach clean up I do is different.  While there are definitely always similarities... for various (and sometimes not so obvious) reasons they are all unique.  Sometimes I find things that I've never found before... like this little piece of plastic from a Nike shoe.  Umm...why in the world did Nike glue a piece of plastic onto shoes?? Hmmm....  Speaking of Nike, I'm a bit obsessed with this song.
My friend Sara just put up her last post on her blog The Daily Ocean.  She's moving over to her new website www.dailyocean.org. <-- go check it out!  Having completed 365 non-consecutive beach clean ups, she's now headed off the sand and on the road for her speaking tour.  Be sure to check out her website and sign up to receive updates here.
20 minutes on January 29, 2013 at Access 16
Litter by weight: 9.7 oz
Cigarette butts: 119
Total amount of cigarette butts removed from Wrightsville Beach, NC in 178 days:
54,334

No comments:

Post a Comment