Thursday, January 31, 2013

Our Daily Ocean: Day 177

You know how when the weather is gorgeous and you want nothing more than just to be outside?  That's how it was on Martin Luther King, Jr Day.  Yeah, this is a long overdue post from Monday January 21!!
Feathered clouds, sun dogs, sea gulls.... I love the days when the sky is so alive that it pulls my eyes up from the sand.  I'm so in awe of the beauty of the world we live in... I really get lost in it sometimes.  ...and getting lost in it is good because it keeps my eyes wide open... taking everything in... I take in the wonder and beauty... but at the same time, I'm not closing my eyes to the realities.  I feel it's so important to look at the broad picture and to also take the time to see the little details... whether good or bad.  
 Since I did this clean up on Martin Luther King, Jr Day... I think it's only appropriate to share one of my favorite quotes of his:

"Everybody can be great, because anybody can serve.  You don't have to have a college degree to serve.  You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve.  You only need a heart full of grace.  A soul generated by love."
20 minutes on January 21, 2012 at Access 16
Litter by weight: 12.3 oz
Cigarette butts: 167

Total amount of cigarette butts removed from Wrightsville Beach, NC in 177 days: 
54,215

1 comment:

  1. I am loving the amazing sky above your dirty, messy beach. I hope more people join you!

    ReplyDelete