Friday, August 26, 2011

Bottled Water

Hurricane Irene is pounding the North Carolina coastline as type.  Just sitting here, I can hear the wind whistling and the heavy rains being whipped with every gust.  Since we're in the middle of "extreme weather" I thought I'd take a quick moment to share how I do "bottled" water!  Of course, you know that I've made the commitment to not buying bottled water, so I have to get creative in prepping emergency supplies just in case we lose power or don't have access to drinkable water.  This morning, my daughter and I filled glass juice bottles full of water from our very own tap!  Check it out.... 16 (32 oz) bottles of water ready in case of an emergency!


Curious what's happening here in Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach?  Check out this short video I found on YouTube from earlier today.  (In case you're wondering... No, I didn't even attempt to make it out to the beach today!!)


It's going to be a windy night... wherever you are, be safe. 

6 comments:

  1. Wowzers. I hope everyone is safe, where you are. We'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your bottled water! My dad, who buys his cheap red wine by the gallon, always keeps the basement stocked with at least a dozen gallons of drinking water. I don't think it's enough to get me to start drinking cheap wine by the gallon, but you never know...

    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you all the best for this stormy weather.


    Greetings,
    Dieuwertje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, I love your bottled water solution, and I hope you made it through the hurricane without a problem. It's supposed to hit us tomorrow afternoon, but most likely as a tropical storm. Thanks for your always-interesting posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :) We made it through the storm safe and sound!! No damage to our home... just a lot of leaves and small branches blown around my yard :) ... and we made it to the beach last night... mother nature/ocean is POWERFUL!!!

    EcoCatLady... My co-op uses the super large bottles of apple juice when they make smoothies... I've seen them save them for people to use for water... maybe there's a place near you that could do the same that way you don't have to start drinking cheap wine by the gallon!! ;)

    Ellen... I imagine Irene is visiting you now... I hope she's not too hard on you all... stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using glass juice bottles is one creative way to prepare an emergency stack of bottled water. A ready supply of drinking water is a necessity in every household. Stay safe!

    Rob Feckler

    ReplyDelete