Friday, July 2, 2010

An Evolution

I used to have a vision for how I wanted my life to be....
(this was about more than getting married and having children--which I happily have)
...this is about where I saw myself and how I saw myself living.


It went a bit like this:


A big house mansion set atop a hill with gates to keep everyone out....
with an overpriced, but beautiful convertible sitting in the garage.

Over the past couple of years, I've been saying that I just want to simplify life... and I've been doing just that... by having my own garden, riding my bike to the farmers' market,  realizing that shopping is not really a sportgiving  (I give what I could've spent shopping to things that really matter) and so many more reasons that go beyond a list...


SO...what I used to want... I don't want any of it anymore... somewhere along the way something in me changed.


Now I envision my life a bit like this:

A small house walking distance (or a bike ride) to the beach and a farmers' market... with the chillest neighbors that hang out on their front porch and take the time to talk to their neighbors and wave to passer-bys...

and next to my two feet.... the coolest convertible around-- a beach cruiser-- to get me everywhere I need to go.




...and a whole lot more than I know how to write in a list.

Something is pulling me... I just haven't figured out what or where it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment