Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Squeeze, Cut, Invert, Shake...

Years ago, my father in-law signed me up for a daily email from Ideal Bite.  If you've never heard of Ideal Bite, you should.  They're all about little tips (or bites, as they call them) to help you go green.  Some are silly (April Fool's Day), but most are SO simple that at times I'd often be at a loss wondering why I hadn't thought of "it" in the first place.

One of my favorite bites is about getting 100% of what you pay for when it comes to toothpaste, lotions, shampoos... you name it.  Of course, I've always tipped my shampoos and conditioners upside down  to get every last drop (doesn't everyone??), but I had never thought about cutting open a container.  So simple!!

Take toothpaste for an example:  I can roll and squeeze to my hearts content, but one thing is for sure... there will always be toothpaste stuck inside the tube.  So every time the toothpaste has been rolled, smooshed and squeezed until no more comes out... I grab my scissors and cut it open.  The first time I did this, I was completely amazed at how much toothpaste is actually stuck inside-- enough to get all 3 of my kids teeth brushed about 6 more times  (that's approximately 18 squeezes).



So next time you think that you have a product that is completely gone... think again... and cut it open!  Trust me... you'll be surprised at what you find.

And if it is just a little bit... it's your little bit... remember you paid for it ;)

Update:  I'm a little very sad to say it, but Ideal Bite is on an indefinite hiatus.  They have joined the Disney Company's Family.com and now all of their amazing bites are no longer available through their site or daily emails.  :(   http://family.go.com/hot-topics/pkg-go-green/

No comments:

Post a Comment