Monday, October 15, 2012

Our Daily Ocean: Day 162

Yesterday evening, my kids and I went to Wrightsville Beach with my friend Tracy and her kids.  Our main goals were to catch up and catch the sunset.  While finding our way through the sand dunes to the perfect spot to watch the sunset, we started a very sporadic clean up by finding a lot of random things including an inflated pool donut... which my daughter pointed out that it made a perfect necklace... ;)

Photo credit: Tracy Carr, Scarf: Late Sunday Afternoon (thanks! Live Like You're On Vacation)
As we found our way out of the dunes and to the water, I came across some Honda car keys alone in the sand.  It's the first time that I've ever found lost keys... and I wanted so badly to find the owner and make their day.  Unfortunately, even after pressing the unlock button by all the Hondas in the parking lot, I couldn't find the person the keys belonged to.  Bummer.  Knowing that I wouldn't get any closer to the owner by taking the keys with me, I decided to leave them at the gazebo at the Jack Parker parking lot at the south end of Wrightsville Beach.  Would love to know if those lost keys were found!
I had so much fun last night.  Sand in my toes, salt air, and the feel of the cool ocean... the evening was pretty perfect.  Beach clean ups with friends are the best... AND... beach clean ups that end with a sunset... even better.  Seriously, I love love LOVE where I live.  
20 minutes on October 14, 2012 at Access 44
Cigarette butts: 181
Total amount of cigarette butts removed from Wrightsville Beach, NC in 162 days:
51,147

No comments:

Post a Comment