Thursday, August 30, 2012

Our Daily Ocean: Day 155

Our actions shape our lives.  It is impossible to be alive without making an impact on the world that surrounds us.  And, when it comes to making the world a better place, what we choose not to do can be just as important as what we choose to do.  


Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.


20 minutes on August 27, 2012 at Access 16
Cigarette butts: 707
Straws: 18
Total amount of cigarette butts removed from Wrightsville Beach, NC in 155 days:
49,579

3 comments:

  1. over 700! I am so disturbed. I found 8 last night. 8!

    Here's the latest from our comparative beach cleanup

    57 - 20 min. beach cleanups - Santa Monica - 348 cigatette butts

    33 - 20 min. beach cleanups - WB, N.C. - 7,444

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a splendid thing to do! Pardon me for using the photo at my Facebook page 'Symphony of Love' without seeking your permission first. I have used it with a quote by Leo Buscaglia on making the world a better place. You can view it at: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=582858058407878&l=e3bd957300. Please let me know if you do not like the use of it and I'll remove it immediately. Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow.. I love it. I just messaged you on Facebook. No inconvenience at all... thank you for connecting with me.

      Delete