Friday, July 22, 2011

Our Daily Ocean: Day 80

This week has been a really great week... yes, good things are happening!!  On Wednesday, it was an absolutely gorgeous day for my husband's birthday and my 80th beach clean up!  .... AND... inspiration is in the air!
Since starting this blog, I have connected with so many amazing people who continue to inspire me on a daily basis through their actions, motivating words, and amongst other things the synchronicity in our lives.  One of my major sources of inspiration comes from my friend Sarah who writes The Daily Ocean blog.  After meeting her (just over a year ago)... I became inspired to start these 20 minute clean ups!  AND... now I've contributed nearly 157 lbs of litter to her community collection count. Yowza!
And just as I am inspired... I find there is something so motivating when I see others being inspired by my actions... connecting to people who are making a difference... really really makes me super happy!!  Stephanie over at Good Girl Gone Green has been majorly inspired by my FilterForGood Film Project!!  YAY!!! On her blog she writes:



YES!!  Our everyday action DO make a difference.  ...Yes, she did a 20 minute clean up.  No, she doesn't live by the beach... she took time out of her vacation!! (High 5!)  But, here's what's really exciting...  she's going to start taking the time to pick up litter where she lives because all drains eventually lead to the ocean.  Ripple Effect in progress!!  LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! :)
20 minutes on July 20, 2011 at Access 40
Cigarette butts: 153
Total amount of cigarette butts removed from Wrightsville Beach, NC in 80 days:
24,071

1 comment: