Monday, May 16, 2011

Our Daily Ocean: Day 64

Ok... so now... I'm feeling excited!  As I'm trying to catch up on my blogposts (yes... I've been slacking!!)... I just realized that THIS post is my 200th blogpost!  Since this is a milestone of sorts, it's no surprise that I found this heart made out of shells at Wrightsville Beach on Saturday :)

No doubt, I have always loved the beach.  When I was a kid (growing up in St. Louis, MO), I used to dream about living by a beach. The smell of the salty water, the breeze, the sand between my toes and the soothing sound of the waves all combine to create a great sense of peace and calm... also known as pure happiness.  Soooooo... How do I love the beach?  Let me count the ways....  ;)

I love the beach for the hours of fun that can be had...
I love the beach because it's a place where I can go to make a difference...
I love the beach because in the waves we become one with the sea...
It is on the beach... where I see most vividly how everything is connected.
And... because of this.  Seriously.  Happiness.

20 minutes on May 14, 2011 at Access 38
Cigarette butts: 178
Total amount of cigarette butts removed from Wrightsville Beach, NC in 64 days: 
17,786

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Danielle! Are all the pictures from your beach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! Yes... they're from my beach! The water was insanely gorgeous on Saturday... I kept saying to my husband over and over how amazing the water looked. :) LOVE my beach :)

    ReplyDelete