Friday, May 28, 2010

Dear Smokers...

The beach is NOT your ashtray.


This evening, I was picking up cigarette butts (sans gloves, only my 2 hands and several trips to the trash cans) and made sure that I got close to some guys that were lighting their cigarettes... as they saw me picking up the cigarette butts, they said, "We promise we won't leave ours... those weren't from us.  We just got here.  Man, I feel like a complete asshole."  That made me laugh and I told him, "Another reason to quit."
Cigarettes are the number one littered item worldwide.  In fact, OVER 4.5 trillion cigarettes are littered worldwide EVERY year!!!  That's a huge problem considering cigarette butts are NOT biodegradable.  Nope, they're not made from cotton... the filters are made from PLASTIC.  Yuck!  Another reason to quit.

Seriously... quit.


Cigarette Litter Informational Site

No comments:

Post a Comment