Thursday, February 27, 2014

Our Daily Ocean: Day 236

It's pretty amazing that our society has reached a point where the effort necessary to extract oil from the ground, 
ship it to a refinery, 
turn it into plastic, 
shape it appropriately, 
truck it to a store, 
buy it, 
and bring it home 
is considered to be less effort than what it takes to just wash the spoon when you're done with it.
Don't get stuck using disposable plasticware, always be prepared.  I carry a To-Go Ware bamboo set and a Life Without Plastic spork with me.  If for some reason I don't have my reusable utensils on hand, I make sure to grab foods that can be eaten without utensils or choose foods that can be used as utensils (chips, crackers, carrots, cucumbers, etc.).

20 minutes on February 27, 2014 at Access 29
Litter by weight: 2.4 oz
Cigarette butts: 25

Total cigarette butts removed: 57,737
Got my finger in the shot!  Whoops!  

No comments:

Post a Comment