Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Our Daily Ocean: Day 232

Well, it happened again.  Our normally mild winter area received another bout of ice.  The trees bent and broke, leaving Wilmington looking like a hurricane had blown through.  But thankfully, all is well... and it's back to the beach!
While I haven't done as many beach cleanups as I had hoped to at this point, I have done what I could.  These winter beach cleanups have been so different than previous years.  More often than not, I think: "it's so clean".  And not the deceiving kind of clean... like I look and I look and I look... scanning the sand for litter... and there's just not much to find.

I wish for the same to happen this summer.

20 minutes on February 18, 2014 at Access 29
Litter by weight: 4.3 oz
Cigarette butts: 9

Total cigarette butts removed: 57,657


No comments:

Post a Comment