Sunday, January 1, 2012

Our Daily Ocean: Day 112

Well... that was fast.  2011 is gone and here we are in 2012!!   Just like last year, another gorgeous New Year's Day!!  Starting off the year right with awesome weather and going to our favorite places makes us super excited for what's to come in 2012!
I'm not overly into making resolutions, but I am big on making commitments that help create change within me.  Over the next month, I'll be updating my 2011 "More Than Resolutions" and writing down what I  hope and plan for the new year.  I am excited about all of the possibilities.  Even things that seem impossible... yes, I'm reminding myself that the word "possible" is engrained in "imPossible."  
Every day in every way is a chance to make this world a better place.  It's that time of year when I need to remind you that "YOU are the difference."  

Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it.  

20 minutes on January 1, 2011 at Access 36

Cigarette butts: 65 

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

Total amount of cigarette butts removed from Wrightsville Beach, NC in 112 days:
37,703

4 comments:

  1. Happy 2012! One thing I wish for this year is to see the world's leaders wake up to the pollution epidemic, and push towards resolutions to the problem.

    I also wish I could inspire more people to reduce, reuse, repurpose.

    Love the first picture, we just went to the beach yesterday, a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found myself cleaning up the beach down on the south end yesterday, near access 44. The usual plastic stuff and cigarette butts... One of the blue trash bins got knocked over and stuff was everywhere. I wasn't real happy about picking up "doggy bags" that got strewn around the dunes, but I was happy to have them off the sand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle,

    You know the word "impossible" is really "I'm possible"!

    hugs,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2012 to you all!! :)

    @ Laura I feel the same way... if leaders could make that push... amazing things would start happening. AND... you totally can inspire more people... all it takes is inspiring one and the ripple effect can be so far reaching... (P.S... I absolutely adore your blog.)

    @Mike Thank you SO much for cleaning that up!! So many people would just walk by... especially with all of the "doggy bags".... I really wish WB would get some lids for those trash cans. They'd keep the birds out, keep things from blowing out... and when a trash can blew over, then maybe there wouldn't be so much trash everywhere. (?) Looking forward to meeting you (sometime) in 2012 :)

    @ Ginger It's really great isn't it... I'mpossible and I'mperfect ;) It's a new month... we need to get together!! See you soon!! HUG!!

    ReplyDelete