Thursday, December 15, 2011

Our Daily Ocean: Day 107

Well... after an18 day beach cleaning hiatus...I have finally made back to Wrightsville Beach!!  AND... today was the most beautiful amazing day!!  Mid-December and it was 72˚!!! I kid you not... it was colder in the beginning of October!!!
  It is such a pleasure to go to the beach in the winter and not freeze... it's days like today that I'm reminded why I love living here.  Why I can't see myself ever living somewhere without a beach.  *sigh* :)  I just love everything about it.
As I sit here thinking about the fact that I've done 107 (plus) beach clean ups (whoa!)... I can't help but think of my friend Sara, who writes the blog The Daily Ocean.  Sara has done a whopping 241 (plus) beach clean ups.  In those 241 days, she has removed over 900 lbs of trash from a small stretch of Santa Monica beach and has inspired countless people to get out and start cleaning up our world.
Inspiring people is what it's all about.  Creating ripple effects with simple actions is a huge catalyst for change.  Earlier, I watched a video from Peaceful Protest Against Litter .  I love the video because of its simplicity in pointing out that anyone can make a difference and together we can do so much....
1 becomes 2
2 become 4
Before you know it
You got yourself a movement

 Yup, a movement is happening.  Beach clean up revolution! ;)

20 minutes on December 15, 2011 at Access 16
Litter by weight: 4.8 oz
Cigarette butts: 181
Total amount of cigarette butts removed from Wrightsville Beach, NC in 107 days:
36,516

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle,

    Beach cleanup revolution! YEAH :D

    Thanks for sharing my video, really nice of you...

    I hope you enjoy the weekend,
    greetings,
    Eef

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course Eef! Really love it!

    Thanks for connecting with me!! :)

    ReplyDelete