Friday, October 12, 2012

Our Daily Ocean: Day 160

Well, another semi-long stretch between beach clean ups had me so happy to be back at Wrightsville Beach on Wednesday.  The weather couldn't have been nicer... the blues of the ocean and the sounds of the beach welcomed me back... and ushered in many reminders to me why I love where I live SO very much.
As usual, a lot has been happening.  Just last week, I was in California... on the west coast friend tour!  While we were there, my husband and I did a 20 minute The Daily Ocean beach clean up in Santa Monica with Sara, Garen and Mark!  I love beach clean ups with friends.  

Check it out! Day 339: October 4, 2012

Oh, and I also love that during the clean up with Sara and friends, I only found 9 cigarette butts in 20 minutes.  This November, Wrightsville Beach registered voters have the opportunity to vote FOR making Wrightsville Beach a cleaner more family friendly beach.  It's a step to cleaning up the air and the sand at WB!!  

P.S... for an update on the cigarette litter comparison that Sara and I are doing... glance over to the sidebar to see the HUGE difference between our two beaches.


News! The Daily Ocean & It Starts With Me (that's Sara and me) are in the October issue of DIVE Magazine!  Get a FREE digital copy here :)

20 minutes on October 10, 2012 at Access 16

Cigarette butts: 127
Straws: 4
Total amount of cigarette butts removed from Wrightsville Beach, NC in 160 days:
50,966

No comments:

Post a Comment