Thursday, May 27, 2010

Magic in the Forest

I took the photo of this AMAZING tree at George Washington Nat'l Park in Montebello, VA.

The tree is devouring the "NO DUMPING" sign placed on it who knows how long ago.  It's eerily beautiful.  And I can't stop thinking about how magical this old tree is... a tree with a "mouth"... it's like something out of a movie.

"It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit."  ~Robert Louis Stevenson

"If what I say resonates with you, it's merely because we are branches on the same tree."  ~W.B. Yeats 
:)

3 comments:

  1. I love the Yeats quote and the photos are so cool! What a great find. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She takes her time and does things her own way but ain't NOTHING gonna stop Mama Nature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome picture! I showed my kids - I think we are going to be looking more closely at trees soon!

    ReplyDelete